Over the years, we have found that most people struggling with sexual addiction are men. That means you are not alone! You are in the right place.
Our Christian recovery program offers resources, structure, and on-going support through local support groups.
The more pornography a man watches, the more he needs to conjure images of pornography to maintain arousal, and will be more likely to ask for particular sexual acts with his partner and have concerns over his sexual performance and body image.
Sun. A., Bridges, A., Johnson, J. & Ezzell, M. (2014) “Pornography and the Male Sexual Script: An Analysis of Consumption and Sexual Relations.” Archives of Sexual Behavior.
Can you relate? Are you battling other areas of sexual addiction like chronic masturbation, infidelity, and other inappropriate symptoms … yes, symptoms … we believe that inappropriate sexual behaviors are the result of past trauma or traumas. Our addiction recovery model is completely trauma-based, and recovery is possible by using our resources to uncover that trauma.
Are You Ready to Make a Powerful Change in Your Life?
Freedom from sexual addiction is possible. We have helped countless men battling sexual addiction achieve recovery through effective support groups and expert-written resources.
- Find a local support group for men in your area.
Contact the group facilitator and set up a time to talk by phone. The facilitator will explain how the support group works, and you can share what you are battling. If there is not a support group in your area, you may consider a telephone support group.
- Consider attending an intensive workshop
Our Intensive Workshop is equivalent to 6 months of weekly counseling. It is a great way to jump-start your recovery journey.
Learn more about our workshop for men
- Get the Orientation Guide for Men.
This 4-week 101-style resource will introduce you to recovery.
- Get a L.I.F.E. Guide Recovery Workbook for Men
This is the comprehensive recovery resource written by Dr. Mark Laaser, the foremost Christian expert on sexual addiction recovery.
Request the 1st Assignment for Free
- Attend your support group each week and follow the program
Your support group members will help you, particularly in the beginning, feel comfortable as you uncover, face, and address your core issues (trauma). Your support group participation should be an on-going activity over a significant period of time, as detailed in our addiction recovery model.
Where Are You in the Journey?
- Not sure that I have a problem -> Take the confidential self-test
- I am a sex addict and my wife (or husband) does not know
- I am a sex addict and my wife (or husband) knows
- My wife and I are both sex addicts or one of us has a different addiction
- I am a recovered addict but my wife (or husband) has not taken part in any recovery activity.