The Facilitator's Guide for Recovery from Addictive Behaviors will put any novice facilitator at ease when starting a group and even help the most seasoned of facilitators. This Guide mirrors the L.I.F.E. Recovery Guide for Addictive Behavior assignment-by-assignment, making it easy to guide group meetings and break out sessions.
Each assignment section includes:
- The principle currently being covered
- Objectives of the assignment to help you direct your group and assess the success of the meeting
- Suggested questions for stimulating conversation or redirecting a group that has gotten off track
- Hints that facilitators before you have found useful
- A preview of the next week's assignment along with a closing thought to prep for the next meeting
- Suggested sources for additional reading on the topic
The Facilitator's Guide for Recovery from Addictive Behaviors was developed by experience facilitators with the mission of creating an incredibly thorough yet easy to follow guide.